Heyl & Patterson Inc., a specialist engineering company headquartered in Pittsburgh, proudly celebrates its 125th anniversary throughout 2012. Crediting multiple generations of employees, customers and vendors for the company’s longevity, Heyl & Patterson has continually adapted to the times and has demonstrated that success is driven by teamwork and innovation.
Heyl & Patterson has been based in Pittsburgh since its founding in 1887.
Heyl & Patterson’s hometown success story began when Edmund W. Heyl and William J. Patterson formed a sales agency in downtown Pittsburgh for conveyer chains and elevator buckets. Due to its proximity to the coal, steel, glass and aluminum industries of southwestern Pennsylvania, Heyl & Patterson quickly evolved into one of their top suppliers as they grew in the region.