Orebody Modelling and Strategic Mine Planning SMP 2014
Dates: 24-26 November 2014
Venue: Hyatt, Perth, Australia
Contact: Eliza Sanneman
Integrated mineral investment and supply chain optimisation
Orebody Modelling and Strategic Mine Planning SMP 2014 is a three-day international symposium that highlights the latest advances, technologies, practices and concerns in the field. Since the outstanding success of the last two symposia in 2004 and 2009, the world has changed in very important ways.
In 2014, under the theme of globally optimising mineral supply chains we will examine whether our approaches are adequate to manage these emerging challenges – stressing the uncertainty in supply (orebodies being mined) and demand (markets), while seeking risk management and enhanced performance.
You are invited to actively participate in this global event and to interact with internationally recognised practitioners and experts moreso than in previous years and together we will address core issues and relevant challenges faced by the industry today. These start from examining possible changes in objectives for modelling and planning, extend to the recognition of a need for new mineral supply chain optimisation frameworks, and continue with the suitability of existing technologies and research and development needed.
The symposium will also feature:
- Case Studies of Strategic Mine Planning in Major Operations and Mining Complexes
- A Forum on “Strategic Mine Planning in a Changing World”
Why Attend SMP 2014?
- Hear about the latest advances, technologies, practices and concerns in the field
- Interact with internationally recognised practitioners and experts
- Address core issues and relevant challenges faced by the industry today
- Engage in valuable discussions with the specialised operators presenting real and recent case studies and valuable experiences
More information about Orebody Modelling and Strategic Mine Planning SMP 2014 at: http://www.smp2014.ausimm.com.au/