The axial fans are commonly used for offering the required airflow for heat and mass transfer activities in a wide range of industrial processes and equipments. These include the cooling towers for air conditioning and ventilation, air heat exchangers for numerous chemical procedures, humidifiers in various textile mills and ventilation and exhaust jobs for mining industry to name a few. All the major domains or industries that contribute a lot in national economy like oil & petroleum refineries, power generation units, pharmaceuticals, chemicals, cement, textile mills, fertilizers and hotels use huge amounts of axial flow fans for different operations.
The axial fans are designed with impellers usually of mild steel or aluminium material. Today the grey area is found with the inconsistency in choosing the right aerofoil and metallic impellers’ dimensional stability. This results to the high power consumption along with high noise pollution with lesser efficiency levels. This is where the Fibre Reinforced Plastic or FRP Fans come into the picture. Globally, all the known fan manufacturers have been considering the FRP axial fans for getting higher energy levels. With the improved designs of FRP fans gives higher left and drag ration, which helps in improving the overall efficiency. This enhanced aerodynamically designed FRP fans give a number of benefits to the users like quality and higher productivity.
The Advantages of Fibre Reinforced Plastics (FRP) fans
The FRP or Fibre Reinforced Plastic Fans have a number of benefits, which give enough reasons to the users to rely on these for various commercial and industrial applications. Let’s check some of these as under:
- The impellers of FRP fans are aerodynamically designed, which helps in getting higher efficiency for a wide range of applications.
- As compared to other fans, there is a substantial amount of reduction in the overall weight of these fans, which extends the durability and life of the mechanical drive systems including bearing, gear boxes, motors, etc.
- These fans need light duty bearing systems and lower drive motor ratings.
- These fans consume less power adding up appreciable amount of energy saving in comparison to the other metallic fans.
- The Fibre Reinforced Plastic fans are manufactured using composite fabrication procedures like moulding, compression and resin transfer moulding methods. This gives consistent quality and uniform dimensions of fan impellers.
- These have less flow sound and lower mechanical noise levels as compared to the metallic fans.
- Have higher durability and fan life owing to enhanced level mechanical strength.
- Higher erosion and corrosion resistance
- These are fire retardant and give you vibration free operation.