Optris, specialists in non-contact temperature measurement, has on offer to the market, the newly developed Optris PI LightWeight – a market innovation that allows for radiometric recordings of video imagery from the air. The combination of a miniature lightweight PC and a light version of the Optris PI thermal imager weighs only 380g. The PI LightWeight is therefore ideally suited for maintenance work and quality inspections of solar and wind power systems and also for thermographic surveys of buildings.
Mounted on a UAV, the Optris PI Lightweight allows recording of radiometric IR images and videos. The flight thermography system is therefore eminently suitable for error detection and quality inspections of solar farms and wind power systems. The innovative combination of a lightweight mini PC and a thermal imaging camera is also ideally suited for thermographic analyses of hard-to-reach places like roofs of buildings (building thermography) and it is already in use in agriculture where fields are being inspected before being mowed (presence detection).
Optris PI camera head specifications:
- Measuring range: –20 °C … 900 °C
- Spectral range: 7.5 – 13 μm
- Accuracy: ± 2 % or ± 2 °C
- Thermal sensitivity (NETD): 40/ 80 mK (depending on camera model)
- Optics: 13°…90° HFOV
- Resolution: 640×480 px / 382×288 px
- Dimensions: 46 x 56 x 90 mm
- Operating temperature: 0…50/ 70 °C (PI 450)
- The PI Lightweightcan be used with the Optris PI 640 camera (VGA resolution)
- Radiometric videos with maximum frame rate (Optris PI 4xx up to 80 Hz/ Optris PI 640 up to 125 Hz in VGA sub-frame mode)
- GPS and GoPro support
Optris is a leading German manufacturer of non-contact temperature measurement equipment. Their product range consists of portable and stationary infrared thermometers and online infrared cameras for thermographic real time analyses. For more information on the Optris PI Lightweight for aerial thermography, please contact the Instrotech on 010 595 1831 or email@example.com