Free workshops and courses for attendees at the Small Business Expo and #BuyaBusiness expos
SA’s most comprehensive small business and franchise event gets underway at the Ticketpro Dome in Johannesburg from 8-10 September, offering entrepreneurs and investors all the opportunities and information they need to develop and grow their businesses.
Carol Weaving, Managing Director at expo organisers Thebe Reed Exhibitions, says: “In the many years we have been running business development events, we have learnt a great deal about how to help entrepreneurs succeed in business. It comes down to knowledge and networking.
An entrepreneur may be very skilled in their field, but equipped with expert knowledge about how to start, run and grow a business, they have a much stronger chance at succeeding.”
The Small Business Expo and #BuyaBusiness expos will feature a range of free workshops and courses for entrepreneurs at all stages of development and growth to help them operate more successfully.”
Among the knowledge sharing events and highlights at this year’s Small Business Expo and #BuyaBusiness expo are:
– #BuyaBusiness Master Class Workshops. These workshops, running throughout the expos, will give attendees high level and practical information to help hone their business skills. Business experts include the London Stock Exchange Group Academy experts, Anne Kleynhans, who runs CEOS, marketing expert Basil O’Hagan, Andrew Barsa – the Wealth Psychologist, Neale Petersen – Founder & CEO Real Estate Investor, organisational culture expert and author Colin J Browne, Manny Veira of Planet Fitness, Mias Nel of the Breadman Bureau, Brent Davidhoff of Sweets From Heaven and Sorbet Marketing Manager Jade Kirkel. Entrance to the Buy a Business Master Class Workshops is free to all #BuyaBusiness Expo attendees.
– Absa Connect Zone: This is where products and services appropriate for new franchise owners and start-ups will be showcased. Visitors to the expos will have access to Absa small business development experts, bankers and consultants, for talks on the Absa products and services available to help them launch and grow their businesses. Absa’s franchise specialists, with advice and solutions for those wanting to franchise their business and prospective franchise owners, will be on hand to discuss the pros, cons and appropriate financing and transactional solutions for franchises.
– The Development Den hosted by Eskom. Eskom will host The Development Den, where successful entrepreneurs and business development experts will give attendees practical advice on running a business and how to grow their business. Hear from Tshepo Phakathi – CEO of Phakathi Holdings, Bulelani Balabala – presenter of 360Biz, Precious Mvulane of GAD Consulting, Marang Marekimane Founder of Business in Theory, Xhanti Payi of Nascence Research and Advisor and more. The full-day programme topics include procurement and e-procurement, moving from average to great, capacity building and growth, innovation in business, managing financial performance and promoting your business through social media.
– Full on Franchising Theatre. Tailored for would-be franchise owners, the Full on Franchising Theatre presented by the SA Franchise Warehouse will give entrepreneurs an overview of what they need to know before embarking on franchise ownership. From franchising 101 through to legalities of franchising and how to fund a franchise, this programme is designed to prepare franchise owners to take advantage of the franchise opportunities to be on show at the #BuyaBusiness Expo.
– Dear Businessman Entrepreneurs Bootcamp. Running throughout the expo days on 8, 9 and 10 September, the Dear Businessman Entrepreneurs Bootcamp will feature presentations by business development experts including Thabo Nxumalo – owner of Dear Businessman, Jenny Retief of the Riversands Incubation Hub, Lebogang Mokubela of the Lemok Digital Agency and Karabo Tsunke of Kasi Biz. They will give business owners valuable insights into must-know business strategies such as how to make profit, how to prepare mentally for failure, the characteristics of a game changer, how to communicate your brand and business idea, tax compliance and how to network.
– Business Theatre brought to you by Blue Label Telecoms. The Business Theatre will be presented every day of the event and will look at business trends and strategies, featuring high-level business and sector experts like Brian Walsh – founder of the REAL Entrepreneur Institute, Karabo Songa – MD of Olive Communications, Dr Konanani B Liphadzi, CEO of Fruit South Africa, Velly Bosega – CEO of AdClick Africa Media Group, Teboho Mafodi – business expert for Business Day TV and chairman of the TM Group as well as sessions dedicated to women in business. Attendees will discover what they need to know about small business strategies, labour law, sales and networking strategies for SMEs, personal and business branding, social entrepreneurship and more.
– Powering Your World Workshop presented by Eskom. This workshop, repeated daily throughout the show, will give would-be Eskom suppliers and partners an in-depth look at Eskom Supplier Development programmes, Eskom’s Operation Khanyisa and insight into doing business with Eskom.
“Because business success is not just about what you know but who you know, #BuyaBusiness Expo and the Small Business Expo is structured to actively broker networking and the development of beneficial business relationships. We encourage visitors to take advantage of the opportunity to meet exhibiting companies and small business service providers, participate in networking opportunities and workshop areas and to foster beneficial new business partnerships,” concludes Weaving
The Small Business Expo, in partnership with Eskom is devoted to the development and growth of small and medium enterprises by providing an opportunity for them to market themselves and interact with corporates, buyers and investors.
#BuyaBusiness expo sponsored by Absa will connect entrepreneurs and investors who are looking to grow, diversify or enter business partnerships with one of the many business and franchise opportunities to be showcased.
The events will be held at the Ticketpro Dome in Northriding Johannesburg from the 8th -10th September 2016.