Schneider Electric, the global specialist in energy management, has released its motor-less Harmony XVR3 rotating / flashing beacon to the southern African market.
This beacon enhances safety by attaching to automated machines, construction vehicles, and fixed points. The new version offers an extended lifespan, greater versatility, and a unique design.
Long-lasting energy efficiency
The XVR3 beacon’s motor-less design minimises wear and tear on parts, while its LED bulbs last longer and use less energy than traditional incandescent bulbs. In fact, these new beacons can last up to 10 times longer than traditional beacons, or about 20,000 total service hours. Schneider Electric R&D, 2014. Based on the performance of the Harmony XVR3 beacon. This is not a guarantee and results may vary.
The beacon also features a shock-resistant, integrated rubber base that further improves durability, especially on moving vehicles and machines.
With best-in-class vibration resistance rated at 7.1 G and an industry-leading Ingress Protection (IP) rating of 65, businesses can nearly eliminate the need for maintenance, and spend more time focusing on the jobs at hand.
Simplicity and versatility
The Harmony XVR3 beacon offers a simple user experience, with one knob to switch between 10 modes, and one dial to control the buzzer’s volume. It also features 10 lighting modes; includes rotating, blinking, and flashing capabilities; and suits a wide variety of applications with four colour choices.
The beacon works indoors and outdoors; installs upright, inverted, or sideways; and enables either straight or side wiring via a standardised, pre-wired design.
Unique design for improved safety
The XVR3 beacon’s faceted lens technology extends the lighting area further than traditional designs. In order to be heard as well as seen, the XV3 beacon features an optional buzzer as loud as 90 decibels.
Key features of the Harmony XVR3 beacon
· Motor-less technology: Less wear and tear
· 10 lighting modes in one: Rotating, blinking, and flashing at different intervals
· Vibration resistance: Rated at 7.1G with an Ingress Protection (IP) rating of 65
· LED lights: Longer life, more energy savings
· Flexibility: Indoor and outdoor use
· Unique aesthetic design: Faceted lens extends the lighting area
· Extended durability: Equipment life of 20,000 hours compared to traditional beacons’ 2,000 hours
· Certifications and awards: CE, RoHS, and a 2014 Red Dot industrial design award winner