The IsoMetrix Tailings Management System (TMS) is designed to meet international standards and best practice, and has been specially developed to offer mines a more effective and responsive way to manage their tailings storage facilities.
Tailings management is more than just a strict adherence to technical standards. Many industry standards require confirmation that mines have implemented a system for responsible tailings management.
Mines need to ensure that they have a formal policy in place, have developed and implemented a Tailings Management System (TMS), have assigned accountability, and have developed operational, maintenance and surveillance manuals, as well as procedures.
The IsoMetrix TMS is designed to meet international standards and best practice, and has been specially developed to offer mines a more effective and responsive way to manage their tailings storage facilities. The IsoMetrix TMS allows all these requirements to be tracked, managed and reported on.
Inspection and monitoring data display
The real power of this TMS lies in the built-in IsoMetrix dashboard capabilities. They are configurable, and provide visible data customisable to the user profile. IsoMetrix makes reporting easy through automation.
Managers can quickly detect if certain functions are not undertaken and follow up on them as well as being notified immediately of a non-conformance or when any trigger is activated. Very often, responsible persons are remote, so this reduces the need for direct interaction through site visits, as the information captured in IsoMetrix is more detailed and live.
The IsoMetrix TMS gives you a complete picture of the health of your tailings facility. The IsoMetrix TMS can be integrated with existing systems or used on its own to replace manual and spreadsheet-based systems. If the system is used in conjunction with existing systems, data can be pulled from these systems to avoid duplicating work. With the growing risk associated with tailings facilities, mines need a system that understands the specific protocols required to manage the tailings facilities effectively.
The IsoMetrix TMS reduces reaction times, bringing the right data to the necessary decision makers faster and more accurately than would be possible with manual/spreadsheet-based systems. This is especially useful when operations are in remote areas.
Every mine is different. The IsoMetrix TMS lets you create audits or inspections that exactly match the requirements of your mine. Reviews, audits, surveillances and inspections with checklist can all be configured into the system.
Advantages of the IsoMetrix TMS:
- Remote managers can get live information on the status of a TSF
- Log incidents with corrective actions which can be tracked
- Real-time data for quicker reaction time for identified problems
- Alerts or notifications triggered when data does not conform
- A repository for all Tailings related documentation
- A customisable dashboard
- Mobile/offline capability for the capturing of information such as audits and incidents. The system will synchronize automatically when back online resulting in minimal delay in uploading information. Information is immediately available to manage any issues that might arise
- Use the Internet of Things (IoT) to automate and increase the frequency of monitoring activities